The Writing Centers at Itawamba Community College offer free, friendly, one-on-one writing consultations for all ICC students. The mission is working with students on their skill level on real assignments to improve their understanding of how college writing works.
The Writing Centers assist students by providing the following services:
- Evaluations of drafts and feedback about choices made in writing;
- Identification of global- and sentence-level errors to help students make corrections on their own;
- Support in implementing phases of the writing process (planning, drafting and revising);
- Assistance with writing letters of application and other documents related to employment; and
- Referrals to grammar and reference resources (in-house and online).
To encourage your success at ICC, the Online Writing Center offers various resources, such as grammar tutorials, writing samples, research guides and database links to sharpen your writing skills.