The Itawamba Community College Advising Center promotes that academic advising is a teaching and learning process that is dedicated to student success. Academic advising at ICC emphasizes investing in the student by fostering an advisor/advisee relationship committed to student success through degree completion while collaboratively working with advisors through structured professional development programs and promoting career options for all students.
News, Announcements and Seminars
The Advising Center provides student seminars covering a variety of topics related to advising, developing an educational plan and preparing students for their future educational goals. These sessions are provided on both the Fulton and Tupelo campuses.
- Career Testing
Take a free career test to find possible majors based on what you love to do.
- Fulton: Advising Center, Wednesday, October 7, 10:30am - 3:30pm
- Advising Center, Tuesday, October 13, 10:30am - 3:30pm
- Tupelo: October 1-16, email firstname.lastname@example.org for appointment
- Resume Basics
Join us for this brief session to learn how to create a resume that stands out from the crowd! Feel free to bring your current resume for review. Lunch provided while it lasts!
- Tupelo: Wednesday, October 14, Noon, Student Support Center - Student Affairs
- Communication Skills for the Workplace
Having effective and positive communication skills can increase your opportunities in your career and allow you to move ahead of the crowd. Attend this session to learn what you need to master the art of communication.
Fulton: Thursday, October 22, 2 p.m. Student Svcs Second Floor Exec Dining Room
- Mississippi Rural Physicians and Dental Scholarship Program
Meet the Executive Director of both scholarship programs to learn how you could earn money to pay for medical or dental school while also gaining experience in your chosen profession.
- Fulton: Thursday, October 29, 12:15 pm, Natural Science 109