Veterans Benefits

Veterans Benefits

Contact the ICC office for America’s Veterans in the Financial Aid office at Itawamba Community College on either the Fulton or Tupelo campus for assistance.

Montgomery GI Bill imageContact ICC's VA Certifying Officials

Montgomery GI Bill® (Veterans Benefits)

The Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) provides educational benefits under the Montgomery GI Bill-Active Duty Educational Assistance program (Chapter 30), the Montgomery GI Bill- Selected Reserve (Chapter 1606), the Reserve Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 1607), the Post 9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33) and the Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 35).

First time applicants need to complete and submit the VA Form 22-1990 (Application for Education Benefits) online at Students transferring to ICC from another college must submit a VA FORM 22-1995.

VA Forms:

Chapter 33 Transfer of Benefits - Service members enrolled in the Post 9/11 G.I. Bill program are able to transfer unused educational benefits to their spouse and/or dependents. The family member must complete the 22-1990, and the service member must complete his/her portion of the transfer at Additional information can be found at

Survivors and Dependents Educational Assistance Program

Chapter 35-The Dependents' Educational Assistance (DEA) program offers education and training opportunities to eligible dependents of Veterans who are permanently and totally disabled due to a service-related condition or of Veterans who died while on active duty or as a result of a service-related condition.

Yellow Ribbon Program logoVocational Rehabilitation from the VA - The VA determines the eligibility of service people who need vocational rehabilitation to overcome impairment to their ability to prepare for employment. Contact Vocational Rehabilitation in Jackson at 601.364.7113.

ICC is a Yellow Ribbon School. Additional information can be found at

GoArmyEd-Federal Tuition Assistance - must be approved by an education counselor prior to the class start date for classes with a start date of July 24, 2014 or after. Soldiers must input their TA requests as soon as possible, but no later than 14 days before the course start date. For additional information and to apply go to For questions call 601.313.6442.

MyCAA Scholarship for spouses of service members on active duty. Additional information can be found at

The Mississippi State Educational Assistance Program (SEAP) pays toward tuition to state and regionally-accredited institutions for soldiers who are not authorized for Federal Tuition Assistance. The amount per semester is determined by the SEAP Board before each state fiscal year based upon funds allotted by the state legislature. SEAP is currently limited to soldiers in the MSNG who are not eligible for Federal Tuition Assistance. SEAP currently funds up to $4,500 per year (July 1-June 30) at $250 per hour based on the availability of funding. For additional information visit

GI Bill Comparison Tool is a tool that will help Post 9/11 GI Bill users learn more about VA’s approved colleges.

Additional Information

Personal Counseling Services available on campus. 

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at

Financial Aid Links

Financial Aid Home
How to Apply for Student Aid
College Cost and Fees
Financial Aid Programs
Financial Aid Payments
BankMobile Vibe (Refunds)
Financial Aid Questions (FAQs)
Financial Aid Census
Financial Aid Forms
Veterans Education Benefits
Scholarships at ICC
Financial Aid Policies

Contact Us

Fulton Campus
Financial Aid Office
Student Services Building
602 West Hill Street
Fulton, MS 38843
Office: 662.862.8220
Fax: 662.862.8225
Hours: 8 am - 4:30 pm

Tupelo Campus
Financial Aid Office
Student Services Building
2176 South Eason Blvd.
Tupelo, MS 38804
Office: 662.620.5319
Hours: 8 am - 4:30 pm

Federal School Code: 002409

Veterans Benefits Picture