- STEP 1 - Students must be admitted to Itawamba Community College before the verification process can begin.
- STEP 2 - Students must complete and sign a Student Intake Application, which is completed to allow the student to self-disclose a disorder or impairment and request accommodations.
- STEP 3 - Students must submit documentation from a licensed healthcare professional which clearly states a diagnosis, details the students' CURRENT functioning and supports any requests for reasonable accommodations.
- STEP 4 - Students who are found to be eligible for reasonable accommodations are required to meet with the disability coordinator each semester to discuss ongoing accommodations.
Special Populations Program
Itawamba Community College's Special Populations program provides direct and indirect services to individuals who are members of special populations. Under the Carl D. Perkins Career Act 2006, special populations include:
- Individuals who have economic or academic disadvantages and who require special services and assistance in order to succeed in a vocational or technical education program.
- Individuals who were not born in the United States or whose native language is foreign, who come from an environment where a language other than English is dominant, and who, by reason thereof, have difficulty speaking, reading, writing or understanding English.
- Individuals who have been denied the opportunity to learn successfully in the classroom where the language of instruction is English.