Financial Aid Programs

Itawamba Community College believes that no qualified student should be denied an education because of financial need. Therefore, through a program of scholarships, grants, loans, and campus employment, Itawamba Community College provides a comprehensive plan to assist students who establish a definite need. 

All applicants for student aid of any type must meet admission standards at Itawamba Community College. Applications and information may be found online from the Financial Aid Forms or from one of the Financial Aid offices. 

Priority Deadline - The official financial aid award year begins in August; therefore, students are encouraged to begin their application process as soon as possible, preferably January, February, or March.  Priority deadline for College Work-Study is April 30. 

Federal Financial Aid Programs 

See for the latest Federal Student Aid programs information.

All Federally funded aid requires the completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).  Expected Family Contribution (EFC) is determined from the FAFSA.  Cost of attendance is calculated by totaling estimated fees, tuition, books and supplies and living expenses based on whether a student lives on campus, with parents or off campus.  Unmet need is calculated by subtracting the EFC and aid awarded from the Cost of Attendance.  (Cost of Attendance-EFC-Aid=Unmet need).

  • Federal Pell Grant - A need-based program, 100 percent federally-funded. No repayment is required. Federal Pell Grants are awarded based on Expected Family Contribution (EFC) and hours enrolled. Awards range from $595 - $5,730 for the 2014/2015 year. 
  • Obtaining Books and Supplies with Pell Grant and other student aid funds - students may charge in the campus bookstores against Pell Grant and other student aid before the aid is disbursed as long as the student has more than enough aid to cover the cost of tuition and fees and the student's applications are complete and the student meets all eligibility requirements. Students should contact the business office on either campus to set up a charge in the bookstore.
  • Pell Grant for Service Member's Survivors - Students who have lost a parent or guardian as a result of military service in Iraq or Afghanistan after September 11, 2001 may be eligible for maximum Pell Grant. Students should visit the ICC Financial Aid office on either campus for more information.  
  • Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant (SEOG) - A need-based program. No repayment is required. ICC has a limited amount of funds, and these funds are awarded to students with the highest amount of need and the lowest EFC.  Students do not have to be enrolled full-time. Grant amounts average approximately $100 - $4,000 per academic year. Approximately 275 students share some $180,000 per year.  
  • Federal Work-Study - Students are generally prioritized on a first-come, first-serve basis. Priority deadline is April 30. A limited amount of institutional work-study funds are available to students without unmet need. Students do not have to be full-time. Award amounts average approximately $750 -$1,000 per semester and $1,500-$1,800 for summer term. Approximately 250 students share some $250,000 per year.  
  • Teach Grant - (TEACH) is a program that provides grants up to $4,000 per year to students who intend to teach in a public or private elementary or secondary school that serves students from low-income families. In exchange for receiving a TEACH Grant, you must agree to serve as a full-time teacher in a high-need field in a public or private elementary or secondary school that serves low-income students. IMPORTANT: If you fail to complete this service obligation, all amounts of TEACH Grants that you received will be converted to a Federal Direct Unsubsidized Stafford Loan. You must then repay this loan to the U.S. Department of Education. You will be charged interest from the date the grant(s) was/were disbursed.  

    To receive a TEACH Grant you must meet several criteria including, but not limited to, the following:
    • Be enrolled in coursework that is necessary to begin a career in teaching or plan to complete such coursework in a high-need field. High-need fields are the specific areas identified below:
      • Foreign Language, Mathematics, Biology, Physics, Chemistry or Special Education
    • Meet certain academic achievement requirements (generally scoring above the 75th percentile on a college admissions test or maintaining a cumulative GPA of a least 3.25).

  • Federal Direct Loan Program - These have to be repaid. Be sure you really need the loan before applying. See for loan terms and sample repayment schedule.

    Students must have an unmet need to qualify for subsidized loans, (Government pays the interest while in school). A freshman can borrow up to $3,500 subsidized loan per year. A sophomore can borrow up to $4,500 subsidized loan per year. Student loans must be repaid.

    Unsubsidized loans (interest starts accruing from the time the student takes out the loan) are also available. Dependent students can borrow up to $2,000 for the year, and independent students can borrow up to $6,000 per year. Student loans must be repaid.  

    Reminder: Students must be enrolled in at least six hours to receive loan funds.
  • Parent PLUS Direct Loan Program - Parents must apply for the Parent PLUS Direct Loan online at  ICC Financial Aid will certify the loans. Parents can borrow up to the cost of attendance minus other financial aid and resources. PLUS loans must be repaid.  
State Financial Aid Programs 

For more information and applications for State Programs, contact Mississippi Student Financial Aid, 3825 Ridgewood Road, Jackson, MS 39211-6453, call 1.800.327.2980, or visit Mississippi's Institutions of Higher Learning website  

The Higher Education Legislative Plan for Needy Students (HELP) provides full-tuition to all qualified, college-bound Mississippi residents who apply and enroll full-time at any state public and non-profit two-year or four-year eligible college or university to pursue a first baccalaureate or first associate undergraduate degree.

The Mississippi Eminent Scholars Grant (MESG) offers up to $2,500 per year to Mississippi residents who are first-time freshmen attending state approved public and non-profit two-year or four-year eligible colleges and universities.

The Mississippi Resident Tuition Assistance Grant (MTAG) offers up to $500 per year to Mississippi residents attending state-approved public and non-profit two-year colleges.

Local Financial Aid Programs 

County Guaranteed Tuition Programs

The County Tuition Grant programs are coordinated with Federal and State aid and scholarship funds to assure that your tuition will be paid for four consecutive regular academic semesters.  Your participation in this program is contingent upon your compliance with a few requirements and the availability of program funds.

Awards range from $0 to $1,100 for Chickasaw, Itawamba and Pontotoc counties and up to $1,500 for Lee and $1,400 for Monroe counties.

Click on the following links for more information and applications:
(Available from January 1 to July 31)

Veterans Benefits and Mississippi National Guard

ICC is a Yellow Ribbon School proudly serving America's Vets and dependents! Information on Veterans Benefits and Mississippi National Guard Information on veteran benefits and Mississippi National Guard can be found on our website or by calling 1.888.GIBILL1.