The Indian Delegation is a student recruiting team organized to serve as goodwill ambassadors for Itawamba Community College. They are involved in activities directly related to recruiting, orientation, and public relations. Some of their activities include conducting campus tours, visiting area high schools to recruit potential students, assisting with summer orientation and early registration, participating in community outreach projects, attending college days/nights at area high schools, assisting with special meetings and events on campus, participating in phone calling campaigns to recruit prospective students, and many other recruiting and public relations activities.
Each person serving as an Indian Delegation member must be of good moral character, be extremely dependable, have a friendly and outgoing personality, use good taste in dress and style, have a willingness to help others, possess strong leadership qualities and good communication skills, be free of disciplinary action, and have the ability to devote the time and effort needed to become a successful part of ICC's student recruiting team.
Besides making lifetime friends, improving your self esteem, and feeling like you are a vital part of ICC, Indian Delegation offers other rewards as well.
Each member receives a $300 scholarship per semester plus extra pay for helping with Summer Orientation and Early Registration.Members also receive one hour of class credit per semester and a grade to be determined by participation, involvement, and class attendance.
Another benefit is the special training and experiences members receive in personal development, interpersonal communication, and community college recruiting and public relations activities.
Indian Delegation members serve in a vital role for Itawamba Community College; therefore, it is important that each member makes a commitment to perform to the best of his/her ability and is aware of the following requirements:
- All members must maintain a minimum of 12 hours per semester and a 2.5 or better grade point average.
- All members must attend class 1 day per week and "sign in" to check for assignments at least 1 day per week.
- Indian Delegation members will be required to participate in activities that occur, not only during the day, but also at night or during the weekend. Work is not an acceptable excuse for lack of participation in scheduled activities.
- Members will be expected to attend a one day workshop in June and assist with either the June or July Orientation and Early Registration.
- Members are also required to assist with Fall and Spring Open Registration.
- Freshmen will be needed to assist with Graduation.
- All members will attend college days and/or nights at the schools in our 5 county area. You will also make recruiting visits with ICC recruiters during the year.
- All members will learn about ICC and become very informed about our campus and what ICC has to offer.
- Indian Delegation members will conduct campus tours for high school seniors and others who wish to visit the campus.
- Each member will participate in phone calling and/or letter writing campaigns to recruit and/or gather information from prospective students.
- Each member will serve for one school year. Any member who wishes to serve for a second year must reapply and complete the interview process again.