Basic Education/Skills Building
GED® Preparation and ACT® WorkKeys Preparation
English as a Second Language (ESL)
ICC Skills Center locations offer free classes to those seeking preparation for the GED®, basic skills refreshing and work-readiness skills and test preparation for the ACT® WorkKeys assessment. Classes are available in Chickasaw, Itawamba, Lee, Monroe and Pontotoc Itawamba counties.
Class and Test Information
For more information, contact
- Main office: Crystal Meyers, 662.407.1510
- Program director: Julia Houston, 662.407.1512
- Schedule a computer-based GED test – www.ged.com
Persons wishing to enroll in class must be at least 16 years old and not currently enrolled/attending another school. Official copy of the withdrawal form from the last school attended is required for 16- and 17-year-olds.
Itawamba Community College reserves the right to admit or deny entrance into the ABE/GED program based on the following criteria:
Probationary Period Requirements (60 days):
- Disciplinary action taken by high school; persons expelled from high school may not enter the ABE/GED program until eligible to return to high school.
- High school attendance history.
- Attendance of scheduled class meetings
- Completion of assignments in a timely manner
- Exhibiting respect toward teachers and other students
- Exhibiting a positive attitude toward learning
- Abiding by the Student Agreement
- Obtaining educational gains on pre- and post-test TABE scores